It occurred to me recently when I was reading others’ legacy challenges that I never actually posted the rules for my traitacy challenge. I am doing so now for 3 reasons:
- because I should
- to keep me accountable
- to keep me moving forward
I’m having a whole lot of fun playing the Racket family and I intend to for awhile at least, but I promise I will move onto Generation 2.
What is a traitacy? A traitacy challenge takes the top trait for a Sim and features it for that generation. You can read about the official and original rules here.
- Each generation will need to feature one trait prominently.
- Each subsequent generation must carry the trait from the previous generation, but it cannot be the prominent trait.
- The featured trait cannot be repeated.
- I will be choosing each generation’s highlighted trait.
- LTW, if applicable, may be connected to featured trait.
- Mods allowed, as long as they don’t interfere with the challenge.
- I will be using cheats sparingly (like to reset a stuck Sim).
- No ambrosia, consumption of life fruit, resurrection of dead Sims, or death flowers allowed.
- Supernaturals are allowed to become family members via marriage only.
- I’m not tracking legacy points. I’m just writing a story.
- I’m not following aging rules because I play on Epic life span (mostly because I love story writing and don’t want to be limited by aging).
- I’m also following other relatives of the featured Sim (through marriage or blood) so you might get a chapter or two without the featured Sim [and I’m adding this rule mostly because it’s fun to follow the Rackets around town, albeit tedious at times].
- If a generation is unable to produce or adopt an heir before dying, a “spare” will be instituted from another family member’s children.
A Special Note on Moving:
I like moving my Sims around and changing towns. I will not be following the no moving rule, but the main Sim (highlighted Sim) and any generation 2 potential heirs must live in the same household at all times.
- To allow for a bit more randomness on my part, I will allow the readers to vote for the following generation heir unless there is only one child for that generation.
- An heir may be of either gender.
- Adopted heirs can be nominated as the featured Sim (only if my readers vote for that Sim). They will be considered “blood” regardless.
- A heir may be a supernatural (either through adoption or if one of the heir’s parents is a supernatural).
A Special Note on Supernaturals
Final Author’s Note
I reserve the right to tweak or edit or add to these rules.