I am honored to accept the Sunshine Blogger Award on behalf of the Colt Family Traitacy from @thymeless of The Centauri Legacy – a #BuildNewcrest challenge. I found Thymeless in our reading circle on the forums, and although I’m not far into her legacy yet, I am thoroughly enjoying her story.
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you include.
- Keep the rules in your post.
The 11 questions I received are as follows:
1) How long have you been writing simlit? Over a year now. I think I started dabbling in stories privately around April 2014 when I got the Sims, but I’ve been publicly writing since 2015.
2) What is your favourite type of challenge to write/play? Why? In the Sims? The only challenge I’ve played thus far and actually made progress with it is my traitacy. I think because I know I’m in for the long haul (given there’s a ton of traits), I’m enjoying taking my sweet time and fleshing out each of my characters. I think for future generations though, I might need smaller families. Of course, I had to pick one of the hardest base game Sims families to start.
3) Favourite sim in your nominated story? Why? In my nominated story? That’s a tough one… I really like Dennis. Mostly because I feel like he’s a good guy deep down even though he’s caught up in a not-so-good world of crime. I am enjoying fleshing out the other Rackets also. It’s funny because Rachel isn’t my favorite even though she’s my gen 1 legacy matriarch.
4) What other games do you like playing? I have been playing and collecting Her Interactive’s Nancy Drew Games since I was a preteen. I like to revisit my roots every once in awhile. I also like playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and occasionally play The Old Republic online. My husband recently got me into Star Trek Online and Skyrim, though I play those rarely. I have Civilization 5 and Beyond Earth loaded on my computer also. Offline – I enjoy board games that involve wordplay and the occasional D&D session.
5) Favourite season? Autumn
6) Find a quote that describes you (can be from a film/book/tv/person/anything) “I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into better shape.” ~Charles Dickens
7) Monty Python – yay or nay? Uh… nay! I’ll never understand the appeal of this.
8) What do you do to make the resizing/editing/sorting of screencaps for your story more fun? I use LunaPics to add special effects like changing the pictures from full color to black and white, sepia, soft, harsh, blueish, etc.
9) What is Love? Love is a verb. Love is best experienced and demonstrated through action.
10) Best way to get rid of the hiccups? Okay, so I’ve been doing this since I was a kid and it works about 95% of the time. Fill a cup with a little bit of water and stand over a sink or stand outside (somewhere you don’t mind the excess water spilling). Take a sip out of the wrong side of the cup, the farthest one away from you. You’ll have to tilt your head to do so. Repeat until the hiccups are gone. Usually I only need to do this once, but two-three times on occasion. It’s something about drinking upside down. Don’t ask. I don’t remember who told me.
11) Favourite book(s)? Tough one. I just recently wrote about a few books that shaped my own childhood via my short story submission. I can’t particularly pick a certain story I love more than others. The ones I neglected to mention in that post were the serieses like Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Happy Hollisters, Bobbsey Twins, and Boxcar Children. I love a good mystery/crime novel, and I enjoy a good historical fiction.
My nominations are as follows (and I’m going to try really hard to nominate stories and writers who haven’t been nominated yet, and if you have, I guess, you’re one of the lucky ones. The nominations are alphabetical by story name):
- A Graying World
- Fine Lines
- Listening to My Heart
- Loewe Legacy
- Sim Stories
- The Journey of a Thousand Miles
- Until It Breaks
- Wild Hearts: The Wilder Vampiracy
- You Might be Bruce
- Zahra’s Babies
My questions to my nominees are as follows:
- What made you want to write SimLit?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- Who is your favorite SimLit character (of your own creation, modified EA-generated, or base game)?
- What’s your favorite activity to do in the sun? (Figured I had to have one sunshine-related question in there, right?)
- If you were facing the apocalypse, which one of your Sims characters would you want with you and why?
- Why did the chicken cross the road?
- What’s the silliest or weirdest thing your Sims have ever done in game?
- Have you ever written a fictional version of a significant event in your life in any of your SimLit stories?
- Name a character you love-to-hate (and this can from any source- i.e. games, books, movies, etc).
- Name three things (or people) that make you smile.
- If you could visit any fictional world, what would it be and why?