Welcome to the Isle of Sulani. Some come for the beach vibes. Others come for the colorful culture. Still others come hoping to catch a glimpse of the rumored merfolk. You come in hopes of meeting your life partner.
Soak up some sun on the shores of our acclaimed beaches. Grind your own kava, an island delicacy. Dive into the crystal clear waters of the ocean, and catch the white-capped waves and ride along with dolphins. Hike the lush green hillside below the island’s active volcano. Step right into an island paradise and experience the magic of falling in love.
Does it sound too good to be true? The catch is…you’ll be competing against other people for the chance of a lifetime – to meet your true love.
(As for the rest of us, pull up a chair and imagine yourself sipping your favorite beverage while lounging lazily beneath a palm tree as you travel alongside the adventures of our bachelor, bachelorette, and all the contestants on the Isle of Sulani).
Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining me on this little dive into the beautiful new Island Living world of Sulani. I was so excited to purchase and play this package, and as usual, came up with one too many story ideas. 😆 Thank you for bearing with me.
I am planning two different stories- a Bachelor and a Bachelorette challenge, featured below. As you can see, my bachelor and bachelorette are pictured above. I tried to experiment with some CAS features that I normally do not in order to create diverse and interesting Sims for your reading and viewing pleasure. Click on the images to pop over to their respective challenge pages, view the rules, and submit your Sim for my casting call.
Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge Rules
XUrbanSimsX created the official Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge rules for The Sims 4. I will be tweaking for my own challenge/story.
- Every 3 days, there will be an elimination. The contestant with the lowest relationship with the bachelor/bachelorette combined with the lowest amount of votes from the public [that’s you!] will be removed from the running.
- Contestants will build a relationship through tasks and activities with the bachelor/bahcelorette (i.e. group activities, group outings, and one-on-one dates. The bachelor/bachelorette will make a genuine effort to get to know each of the competitors better, but autonomy will be on full.
- All romantic actions are allowed, except Woohoo and Try for a Baby.
- All Sims will need to be without jobs (because this removes the annoyance of cancelling out going to work). However, you can definitely tell me what job a Sim has.
- We will not be leaving the island. All activities/dates must be in Sulani. I also added all sorts of different lots to the island for more activities/date options.
- Personally, I want the contestants to have as much fun as possible. We will try and explore all the island has to offer during this challenge.
- I also want our bachelor/bachelorette to have an opportunity to have a conversation/interaction with each of the contestants before the elimination (so as to try and encourage actual connection beyond mere physical attraction). This is also the reason I picked every three days for elimination to give everyone an opportunity to get to know one another.
- While I won’t discourage drama, I also want my bachelor/bachelorette to have a genuine connection to his true love. This is more than a meat market. I want to respect the autonomy of each Sim and I’m looking to include lighthearted fun.
- Typically, in Bachelor/Bachelorette challenges, all other relationships with household members must remain platonic with maximum effort focused on the bachelor/bachelorette. That’s not my play style. If other romance(s) happen, I’ll roll with it. Might create some interesting challenges. 😉
Feel free to send me ideas of the types of activities you’d like to see!